Friday 6 November 2009

God Of War III

I'm not sure if I'm turning lame, but this new demo trailer for GOWIII turns me right off.

The amount of gore really is verging on the uncomfortable, and it's not just that - I thoroughly enjoyed ripping my way through Dead Space, for example - it's the way the camera glamourises and fetishises (is that a word?) the extreme violence.

Watch till the end to see my point - it just makes me feel a bit queasy to be honest.

Oh well, GOWII was an inferior game to the original, and this 3rd in the trilogy seems to have gotten even worse (Not to mention the music. Sheesh!).

On a side note, I wonder if this level of violence is rammed down players' throats when they die or fail. It'll be interesting to see. The creators of the game are clearly in love with Kratos, and blatantly revel in the havoc he wreaks on all those legendary creatures and Gods... I wonder if they've the stomach to put the object of their (dubious) affections through the same.

My guess is that they don't, and the worst you'll see is a ragdoll version of Kratos falling to the ground.

Time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment